Applicants must meet the following requirements;
- Be 17-1/2 to apply and 18 years or older to enter Apprenticeship.
- Possess a valid Driver's License
- Have graduated from high school or passed the GED or an equivalent. You must bring proof of graduation or a GED with you.
- Have completed one full year (2 semesters) of high school algebra, or higher course with a grade of “C” or better, or completed one semester of college algebra, or a higher course with a "C" or better. (Pre-Algebra, Intro to Algebra, and Geometry do not count). Or completed the NJAT Tech Math Online course.
- Provide an official SEALED transcript showing courses and grades from High School and/or College. All transcripts must be turned in on the date you make your application. NO EXCEPTIONS. (If the documentation is not written in English, the applicant will need to have it translated prior to submitting it on application day.)
- Must be physically able to perform the work of the trade.
- Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a drug screening prior to acceptance. Applicants testing positive for ANY controlled substance will not be accepted for training.
- Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
You may download a fillable pdf version of the application that can be filled out and then printed to bring with you on application day along with the other required documents. You can find the application in the Downloads area of this website.
If you would like to apply for the Sound and Communications Apprenticeship Program you may apply online at norcal-jatc.com.
Applications for entry into the Electrical Apprenticeship Program are accepted, in person only, on the first Wednesday in January, April, July, and October between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. at the Training Center office: 1726 Corby Avenue, Santa Rosa, California, (SEALED transcripts, proof of H.S. graduation, or GED, and Driver's license must be brought the day of application).
After you submit a completed application, the next step in the process is an Aptitude Test. The examination will be scheduled approximately the second week in February, May, August and November. The date and time will be given to qualified applicants on the listed application days. The test consists of two sections: algebra and reading comprehension. (Please note: It may take between four weeks to six weeks to receive results of the aptitude tests.) All applicants who receive a minimum qualifying score on the examination will be scheduled for an interview before the Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee. All applicants interviewed will be rated and merged into the pool of eligible applicants. The Committee will select the top-rated applicants from the pool for placement on the job and for classroom training.
If you have questions about the application process or the program that have not been answered in the information above or in the FAQ's menu selection , please email the Training Director Rob Barsi at REJATC@sbcglobal.net.
Applications are available on the listed application days and need to be submitted in person.
WE ACCEPT APPLICATIONS, IN PERSON, ON THE FIRST WEDNESDAY IN JANUARY, APRIL, JULY, AND OCTOBER BETWEEN 1:00 PM-4:30 PM AT 1726 CORBY AVENUE, SANTA ROSA, CALIFORNIA 95407.
If the first Wedensday happens to be a holiday, applications will be accepted the following day.
The Redwood Empire Electrical JATC will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX (INCLUDING PREGNANCY AND GENDER IDENTITY), SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENETIC INFORMATION, OR BECAUSE THEY ARE AN INDIVIDUAL WITH A DISABILITY OR A PERSON 40 YEARS OLD OR OLDER.
The Redwood Empire Electrical JATC will take action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.